Thursday, June 29, 2023

6/29/23

A thought I had today after watching an episode of Succession:

Money is a social construct; but with enough of it, you can construct society in your image. But that image, more often than not born out of greed and a lust for power, becomes corrupted, becomes an idol, a false god, a master that you serve over others. It becomes a blasphemy against all things good. The love of money is the root of all evil, and we pierce ourselves and one another with many sorrows because of it.

Coincidentally, after I wrote this, someone on the Magnificast discord server posted this link from Twitter, which seemed synchronistic to say the least.

The caption reads:

Moses: "What a strange thing. I thought I had smashed the golden calf to bits, but it's still alive and ruling the world." Karl Marx: "Don't worry, Comrade Moyshe. Once the students of my Torah smash the calf, it will never be resurrected from the dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment