Sunday, May 10, 2015

5/10/15 (2)

There were a lot of things I was planning on writing about this week (e.g., B-, spending time with Dorothy, thoughts about Fr. Michael's homily, etc.); but my mom's really sick and I'm too worried about her to focus on much else at the moment.

Mother's Day has become rather bittersweet for me the last couple of years. I love my mom more than anything; and being so far away, it makes me sad that I can't spend Mother's Day with her, especially when she's sick. Two years ago, she was suffering from renal failure and had to be rushed to the hospital the day after Mother's Day. We almost lost her. This year, she's sick again with the flu and maybe worse. I keep telling her to go to the doctor, but she's stubborn and I'm afraid it'll be a repeat of two years ago.

She just can't seem to catch a break, and it kills me that there isn't much I can do for her. Feeling powerless is one of the worst feelings in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment