Sunday, November 2, 2014

11/2/14

I woke up today with a sore throat, but still felt good enough to go to mass. I made it a point to go since it's All Souls Day and I wanted to honour the people in my life who are no longer here. I was early, and so got to spend some time talking with Fr. Bill, which was nice. He asked me if I was going to become Catholic, and I answered honestly that it seems like I'm going in that direction, but we'll see. He's very easy to get along with, and I'd like to talk to him more in the future. His homily was a mixture of reflections on Pope Francis' words to go where it's difficult and listen, bringing up the Holy Faith Sisters' mission to the border area of Mexico to help provide spiritual and humanitarian aid to those in need, and the loss of loved ones. It was nice even though the topic was a rather solemn one.

No comments:

Post a Comment